Microsoft Translator for iOS
Microsoft Translator helps you break the language barrier wherever you’re traveling or have a need to translate anything in your daily life. Quickly translate phrases on your Apple watch, or use the companion iPhone app when it’s more convenient.
- On your watch: Speak to your watch and get an instant translations in 50 languages Not sure how to pronounce the translation? Let Translator speak the phrase for you
- Noisy environment? Just show someone your watch or phone. In addition, on the phone, large full-screen translation cards make it easy to show others what you're trying to communicate
- Bookmark your translations for later use the translations you want to save and look-up recent translations
- All your translations are synchronized between your watch and your phone, settings too
- On the phone companion app, in addition to speech translations from your watch’s language, you can select other speech languages or you can type on your keyboard (really useful for noisy places!). You can also and copy & paste translation from and to other apps
Microsoft Translator supports:
Afrikaans, Arabic, Bosnian (Latin), Bulgarian, Cantonese, Catalan, Chinese(S), Chinese(T), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong Daw, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kiswahili, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Quer'etaro Otomi, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese and Welsh, and Yucatec Maya.
October 19, 2016
Added 6 new languages from the Austronesian language family:
October 11, 2016
Added Russian to the list of supported conversation languages.
View up to date language lists at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/translator/languages.aspx
August 4, 2016
New option in Settings to change the voice that reads out translation results.
See alternative translations of single words. Available in 100 language pairs.
Tap on the book icon at the bottom of the home screen to quickly access key phrases in 50+ languages. You have the option to favorite, listen to, share, and edit the phrases.
July 21, 2016
Added Cantonese to the list of supported languages. See updated language lists at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/translator/languages.aspx.
June 14, 2016
Added Afrikaans to the list of supported languages.
April 7, 2016
- Translation in 43 languages when you’re not connected to the Internet
- Safari extension to let you translate sites into more than 50 languages while you browse the web
March 8, 2016
February 18, 2016
The new Image Translation feature lets you translate text from your camera roll or saved pictures rather than typing the text or speaking aloud. Translation from your camera roll is great for translating signs, menus, and flyers; and translation of saved images is perfect for images from emails, the Internet, and social media.
Image translation is available in the following languages:
September 10, 2015
- Complications- Automatically display common phrases like "good morning" and "goodbye" on the watch face in the local language when you're abroad. The phrases are based on your location and the time of day.
- Play back a recent or pinned translation through the watch speaker — no need to pull out your phone. This lets you have your translated words and phrases at the ready when you need them. ·
- “Time Travel”- See phrases for a later time of day to make it easier to communicate — for instance, learn how to say "good night" in the local language before dinner so you're ready to say it when you leave.
September 3, 2015
- Added localization: Arabic, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
- Bug fixes