You can resolve this issue by going the settings of your device and by adding an input language. Not every Android device is the same, so I have added the steps for a Samsung device:
- Go to Settings
- Swipe from right to left 3 times to reach the System tab.
- Tap Language and input
- Tap Samsung keyboard
- Tap + Add input languages
- Turn on the language(s) of your choice
Once you have done this you will notice that the Translator app offers multiple languages in the space bar. When you swipe on the space bar in text translations you can choose the language.
To change your keyboard to other characters e.g. Greek, Chinese or Arabic or to add a spell checker in Microsoft Translator please take the following steps:
- Go to Microsoft Translator
- Tap the keyboard icon
- Your keyboard will show that there or multiple languages available on the space bar or there is a gear lever where you can add the language of your choice. This depends on how your device works and if you do a search online you will most likely find the steps on how to add languages for your specific device.