How do I get my language supported?

Text Languages:

We add new languages periodically. In the process of adding a new language to the automatic translation system, the most important learning material is existing high-quality translations—the same text in two languages.

A significant amount, typically 4 to 5 million words of this type of text, is needed to build a reasonable-quality automatic translation system for a particular language pair. Find out how automatic translation works at www.microsofttranslator.com/AT

Speech Languages

Speech recognition is a totally different process than translation. It requires a whole new set of data (hundred of hours of recorded audios and their associated transcriptions) and trainings of our machine learning based engines to become available. Therefore, we cannot always deliver speech recognition as quickly as new supported languages become available for Microsoft Translator.

We continue to release improvements to the quality of our existing languages and to expand on our coverage of languages from around the world so that more and more people can talk to the Microsoft Translator in their own language.

Stay tuned on our blog (www.aka.ms/Translatorblog), Facebook page (www.facebook.com/microsofttranslator), or Twitter feed (www.twitter.com/MStranslator) for updates to our language coverage.

For the up-to-date list of supported language please go to www.microsoft.com/translator/languages.aspx

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be sindhi

Speak Sindhi.save Sindhi people and work every time for Sindhi people.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Conversation (speech) Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lithuanian

Lithuanian, is one of only two living languages in the Baltic branch of the Indo-European language family, it would be lovely to be able to speak and understand more of this old language.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conversation (speech) Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Korean

Add Korean

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conversation (speech) Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Choctaw

Only Native American tribe to help fight off Spanish invasions & British after independence. Never at war with U.S. First code talkers (14) helped win WWI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Listening mode

Here is the use case. I am a technology consultant and I visit Sweden a lot. there are many times I am in a meeting and then the people around me talk Swedish, and I am just in listening mode, not able to understand what is being said. All I would like (love!) is to open my translator app, and click a button to keep listening and translating , from Swedish to English. the app would be listening via the the phone microphone, and would display as text / chat stream so I can follow along discretely.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Kurdish sorany

Very important 40milion people speaking kurdish

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Kurdish

Bir Kürt olarak kendi dilimde okumak yazmak istiyorum

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Kirghize

Kirghizistan

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sloveno

La traduzione vocale mi sarebbe molto utile

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. فارسی

سلام لطفاً برای ترجمه مکالمه از
    زبانن فارسی به انگلیسی وفرانسوی برای اسکایپ لطفا

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base