If there is a language you would like to see added, you can let us know below. If someone has already mentioned the language you are interested in, you can cast an additional vote.

Please add Romaji

The app translate only Kanji input. Add the Rōmaji input for non-Japanese people

31 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • James L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems to me that this is partially implemented or buggy. If I translate from English to Japanese, I get two results (dots), the first being Japanese (with kanji) and the second having romaji in place of the hiragana and katakana, but with the kanji left as is. This appears to be a bug in the implementation. Try "Hello. How are you?" The kanji need writing as romaji too!

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this, placing katakana and hiragana beside romaji would make learning so much easier for non-native speakers

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think romaji would be useful for non-Japanese speakers to learn the intricacies of the language better

• m commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think hiragana for kanji is enough. Pure romanji is confusing.

• A.Rajabi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IDEA : Please do ruby (furigana or romaji!) the Japanese words that have written in kanji (Chinese characters ), because they are very hard to reading and of course understandig.

Q:How can I review and study my list of the " word of the day" words and phrases that I received from the beginning until now ? in the other words, where are they stored in my computer ?(now my choosed pair languages are Japanese-Persian(Farsi).

Thank you

A.Rajabi

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without this it is only possible to play the translation. With the romaji and sound we can learn the Japanese to repeat it ourselves.

• David Beitey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As others have suggested for other platforms, having the option of translating text/speech into romaji for Japanese (or better yet, simply displaying the romaji alongside the Japanese kanji/kana) would make it possible for those who cannot (yet) read kana to communicate by reading the romanji.

This also has the added benefit of helping a person when learning.

Feedback and Knowledge Base