How can we improve Microsoft Translator for Edge?

I keep getting a message that says "we detected a higher than normal traffic from your computer...... please type in characters shown to con

17 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please type in the characters you see below to continue translating.

It doesn't work.

What is defined as 'higher than normal traffic'? Translator is something that is generally not used regularly, so any use of it would generate additional traffic

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I speak English and thought this was a nifty tool for navigating in a country that I do not speak the language in. Now I am getting the same captcha thing everyone else here is getting. I hope this tool is not broken!

• Gideon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem for me AGAIN!
        I reported it to them last time and it worked fine for a short while, now just keeps telling me to input the code over and over again.

best advice - GO TO CHROME!

• ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also speaks in a completely I audible language . time to drop edge and go with an alternative where they actually read the feedback and the take some action

• ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it does not work when I type in the chatacters. tried several times. very very annoying .. trying to track something down in foreign language and not able to continue my project AVERT VERY BAD SYSTEM

• meg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this problem, it is supposed to translate for goodness sake, stop telling me you have detected higher than normal traffic.

Yes, I am fed up with it too. I'll drop Edge completely if you don't fix it very quickly!

• Graeme Hatton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you actually read the comments? Only I'm having the same problem and it will not accept the characters I've copied. I have tried every means possible. As for the speak the words, I understand a Scandinavian speaker better that your electronic voice!! Back to Google methinks!

I agree with comments below, load of rubbish, get rid of the "we detected a higher than normal traffic from your computer..message

• keith lawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like edge but the request to confirm my usage of your translator is getting a bit of a pain **********! Going back to chome

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These messages are getting silly - every page requires verification

I have attempted numerous times to type in the characters (correctly) but the message then tells me that it is incorrect (but fr sure I am doing it correctly. When I attempt audio it speaks in a non English language, please help me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base