How can we improve Microsoft Translator for Edge?

I keep getting a message that says "we detected a higher than normal traffic from your computer...... please type in characters shown to con

25 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This, is a dreadful customer experience, constantly having to input the letters 8 or 9 times then type 2 letters into translate before starting the whole sorry sequence once again. Please @Bill Gates get this mess sorted.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same problem as everyone else, anyone taking this seriously... I work for Microsoft and am having to use Chrome to translate, we need to do better!!!

This message keeps coming on and I type in the characters and it will go back to my page and then it pops up again.. Why? Why would anyone care how long I look at Spanish pages?

• William P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issues as mentioned by the creator of the thread. I have taken multiple screenshots of my attempts to enter the characters on the screen, all of which were refused as incorrect. I would suggest they are NOT incorrect but that there is something severely wrong with the translator itself. Why on Earth do we need to put in a verification code to use it? Isn't it supposed to be free to use? Why are the developers hassling the end users in that way?

• Chris S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please type in the characters you see below to continue translating.

It doesn't work.

What is defined as 'higher than normal traffic'? Translator is something that is generally not used regularly, so any use of it would generate additional traffic

I speak English and thought this was a nifty tool for navigating in a country that I do not speak the language in. Now I am getting the same captcha thing everyone else here is getting. I hope this tool is not broken!

• Gideon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem for me AGAIN!
    I reported it to them last time and it worked fine for a short while, now just keeps telling me to input the code over and over again.

best advice - GO TO CHROME!

• ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also speaks in a completely I audible language . time to drop edge and go with an alternative where they actually read the feedback and the take some action

this problem needs fixing u have been told many times

it does not work when I type in the chatacters. tried several times. very very annoying .. trying to track something down in foreign language and not able to continue my project AVERT VERY BAD SYSTEM

• meg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this problem, it is supposed to translate for goodness sake, stop telling me you have detected higher than normal traffic.

Yes, I am fed up with it too. I'll drop Edge completely if you don't fix it very quickly!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base