How can we improve Microsoft Translator for Windows 10?

New app does not work for Norwegian to English...

when i click on translate it says.. "Sorry, we couldn't translate that. Please try again." Even when i have downloaded offline language pack. Old app was working great!!
I promise I tried very simple words.. :P

4 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Prateek Gupta shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminGwenda (Admin, Microsoft Translator) responded  · 

Hi,

This issue has been fixed in the latest version of the app: v5.2.4.0.

Please try to translate a phrase from Norwegian to any of our offered languages.

You can check if you have the latest version by tapping or clicking on the settings icon at the top right of your screen and then clicking on About. If you don’t have the latest version then download it from the app store.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused and thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
    Gwenda
    Microsoft Translator Team

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issue. My copy worked great yesterday and is having this issue today.
        Has anyone solved this yet?

• Kristian Fjelltun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem too. Some easy and single words is translated, but from other languages than Norwegian.
        The Norwegian word "se" (see in English) is translated to is. It seems that the reason for this is that even if you selct Norwegian to be the language you translate from, Translator detects it to another language. Spanish for this word.
        The word "vise" (show in English) is translated to Aim, because it is detected to be French.
        The Norwegian word "klok" (vise in English) is translated to clock, and the language says only Detect. I did select Norwegian before I typed.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue, only that I try and translate Norwegian to Swedish. It worked fine before the update, but now I only get a message that says "Sorry, we couldn't translate that. Please try again."

Feedback and Knowledge Base