How can we improve Microsoft Translator for Windows 10?

Error in translation

I want show you a mistake in a translation: try "Get way" (English to Portuguese). It show me " Começ a maneira".

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Victor Quinaud shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminGwenda (Admin, Microsoft Translator) responded  · 

Thank you for using Microsoft Translator. We appreciate your feedback.
    The translation system is constantly learning, making corrections, and improving its output.

Automatic translations use statistical machine learning to translate from one language to another, and it works best when translating full sentences. In some instances, it can create errors, especially when the phrase lacks context.

You can learn more about how automatic translation works at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/translator/mt.aspx

Thanks again for your feedback to improve our translation service. 

Microsoft Translator Team

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kristian Fjelltun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, Gwenda?
        You can't hide behind that. There are several reports about this for different languages. I have just reported the same for Norwegian language related to the latest version of the Windows 10 app. You cant say that the system work best with sentences either. I have tried, and the result is that 10 out of 10 could not be translated.
        Translations has been worse for each upgrade of the system lately. It is several versions since the last time I was able to translate a whole sentence.
        I have testet single and easy words to. Norwegian word for "vise is translated to "aims"", and thats because the translator detects it as French even if Norwegian is selected before the word is written.
        Norwegian word for "see" is translated to "is", and thats because the translator detects it as Spannish even if Norwegian is selected before the word is written.
        You just need to understand and accept there is a problem, address the problem and fix it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base