How can we improve Microsoft Translator for Windows 10?

Update the app (Translator for Windows)

The Windows app lacks many essential features and looks so ugly at the moment. Phrasebooks, one-to-one conversations, alternate translations, and definitions are missing entirely. Offline packs are very limited compared to other platforms. Please update the Windows app and give it the same beautiful design and the same features as the Microsoft Translator app on Android and iOS.

620 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Emil shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminGwenda (Admin, Microsoft Translator) responded  · 

Hi,

Thank you for your comments, votes, and contributions to the Translator for Windows 10 forum!

We are happy to announce the release of the new app featuring a redesigned, modern user interface, Cortana integration, support for Windows Ink and image translation, AI-powered offline translations, and lots of new capabilities.

Read more about the latest features and capabilities on our blog: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/translation/2018/05/02/windows10-2/

You can download the app from the Microsoft Store here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/translator/9wzdncrfj3pg?rtc=1 and find help articles here: https://microsofttranslator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/topics/144418-translator-for-windows-10

Due to the significant update to the app, older forum posts will be archived, and future posts will reflect the updated version.

We value your ideas and feedback and would love to know what you think about this refresh. Please share your feedback, suggestions, and question in the User Forum: https://microsofttranslator.uservoice.com/forums/328971-translator-for-windows-10.

Sincerely,
    Microsoft Translator Team

320 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Image translation requires opening the image from a file. It should be possible to drag and drop the image from another app such as Edge.

Image translation requires opening the image from a file. It should be possible to paste an image using Ctrl+V.

After clicking the copy button for a translation, the app displays a confirmation dialog that must be dismissed. Please get rid of this. It just serves to annoy since it must be dismissed. User's should understand that the copy button will copy just like all the other apps with similar buttons that do not display confirmation dialogs.

The language dropdown is sorted. My suggestion is to move the set of languages available offline to the top of the list for quicker access. Any language the user has chosen to be available offline is more likely to be selected.

When I enter a single word, I would like the possibility to show different meanings of the word, as in the Android app

Many arabic words have awful wrong translation to french in first time to try your application I know the Arabic language is distinguished . But at least correctly translate the words if we go to sentences it can kill someone the change of meaning
        For example manger =مدير exact translation is أكل eat
        Manque=منع>>>>>>>exact نقص نقصان فقدان

• Fulop Laszlo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add translation "to" more than one languages at the same time. It would be a very useful feature for those who speak/learn more than one languages at the same time.

This is a translation correction.
        When translating "Credit Interest" (financial terms) to Greek the output is "Πιστωτικό (credit) ενδιαφέρον (interest)".
        There is a subtle difference in greek because we use singlurar or plural to express this phrase, also the singular is male.
        The financial term of "interest" is "Τόκος" in Greek singular and "Τόκοι" in plural.
        So the correct and formal translation should be in plural form:
        "Πιστωτικοί (credit) Τόκοι (interest)".

I would like to be able to automatically copy the translated text back to the clipboard via (without having to select it)

For use with accessibility software this app needs to be keyboard accessible. I can paste text into the box and type {enter} to translate, but I either need a keyboard shortcut to click the speak button. Ideally it would be fully keyboard accessible. Please contact me if you need more details.

• Antonio Moriggia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Copy&Paste is missing!

Suppose to enter a long text and then translate, but you discover to have typed an error (i.e "male" instead of "make"): now you cannot copy the text and modify one letter only, but you have to re-enter the complete text.

Microsoft's lack of your loved ones is not less in Pakistan. So you keep updating the languages of other countries every day, but not Pakistan. "Reason"

Microsoft's lack of your loved ones is not less in Pakistan. So you keep updating the languages of other countries every day, but not Pakistan. "Reason"

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When the translator works and doesn't say, "Sorry, we couldn't translate that," (Translating "hello" from English to Korean as an example...with an offline language on a super fast PC) this should be considered a missed feature that needs to be done AGILE style... Do it yesterday! Thanks

1.offline translation download button is not obvious
        2. icon menu without text, it is difficult to find what I want

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base