How can we improve Microsoft Translator for Android?

翻译水平先不说 最郁闷的是下了离线包 结果没网络根本翻译不了!

tr: ‎ Translation level first do not say the most depressing is the offline package results no network can not translate!‎

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminGwenda (Admin, Microsoft Translator) responded  · 

Thanks for your message on the Microsoft Translator Forum and I’m sorry to read this is happening.

First, can you see that the language has been downloaded for offline use? You can check this by tapping the settings icon at the bottom right of your screen and then by tapping “Offline languages”. If the language you wanted to download is at the top of the list with a checkmark next to it, it means that the language is downloaded.

Secondly, please know that you’ll need to download both the from-language and the to-language packs for offline use. Offline language packs work in Text and Camera Translations. They will not work in Voice or Conversation mode.

If both your languages are downloaded and you still cannot translate in a similar situation, change your setting to airplane mode so that the app ‘knows’ you are offline.

Please let us know if the above works and if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
    Gwenda
    Microsoft Translator Team

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon