How can we improve Microsoft Translator for Android?

Camera shutter sound

Please allow us to manage the shutter sound from within the app.

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Gwenda shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hmm, i would like this also very much. why? if i'm in a meeting, maybe even a quiet place like church or listening to others, then the camera click is most disruptive. actually, when i use the translator it is when i am doing something that is related to either to reading or communicating with others and both times the camera click is an intrusion to the moment. regards using my phone camera setting to control the click - for some reason the translator makes its own click regardless of what my camera setting is; in other words, my camera setting has click turned off but the translation program makes its own click so it should be obvious that the click is generated within the program/app so why not have an option to turn it off? and regards to turning the volume down and up each time the app is used - seriously???? gimme a break - that's not a solution but a work around while waiting for a solution. thanks for option to comment.

• AdminGwenda (Admin, Microsoft Translator) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for posting on the Microsoft Translator forum.

The app itself does not have an option to shut the sound off. However in the audio settings for your device, you will probably have 3 or 4 different sliders for the volume and one of them should affect the shutter sound.

Feedback and Knowledge Base