How can we improve Microsoft Translator for Android?

Offer transliteration and/or phonetics

Please show translation in prononcable text too in English letters not just greekish letters. Samr goes for other languages using different.

146 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add phonetic spelling of the languages. I use the translator because I do not know the foreign language. Giving me the foreign only symbols is not helpful as I cannot read them.

• Andrea OngAndrea Ong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

私(watashi or わたし) because there are tons of kanji I still dont know how to read yet. Google translate had this feature but your app is more user friendly. if you only have it then this app would be perfect. Thank you very much.

• blah blahblah blah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They will not be able to do this thing

my suggestion is great but it would be great if you can upgrade it like I said.

• blah blahblah blah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can u do a programming that I had suggested for a conversation all around the world. P.L.E.A.S.E it's a Request

• hosseinhossein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, when you download the persian language to enable offline after you verify the download, error message, and the program closes. Please try to help figure out how the persian language is active in offline mode?

• hosseinhossein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, when you download the English language to enable offline after you verify the download, error message, and the program closes. Please try to help figure out how the English language is active in offline mode?

• Jiten VermaJiten Verma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree, it should provide English pronunciation for word, so people can see and without use of sound can memorize, use it. Google translator does that nicely!

• Kishor BapatKishor Bapat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have created a purely phonetic script called Ekalipi which allows an individual to read and write in all the world's 7000 languages. These languages are currently written in over 800 scripts. The script takes about 30 minutes to learn and about 4 hours to master.
        Our vision is that one day the whole world will only use the Ekalipi script and abandon all others.
        IMHO this ability would allow the Microsoft Translator to leap past all the current transcription and translation tools in the market.

• SonySony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add romanized spelling for transliteration on Japanese, Korean and Mandarin. This helps pronouncing a lot. Thank you

• BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want this feature for Chinese (Mandarin) to. Here in China it's called Pinyin. This helps learn pronunciation and it's how the Chinese characters are entered on a keyboard. See Google Translate for an example of how they support this feature.

• Lynn MengLynn Meng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add phonetic pronunciation, just them below the translation results. For example, note kana below Japanese translations and tag romaji for Korean, just like google translator. For a language learner it's necessary to know exactly how to pronounce the translation results. Besides the speaking is TOOO fast.

• David Fregozo-francoDavid Fregozo-franco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

with the tranlation it would be helpful to be able to read the pronunciation of korean in your native language. I believe it's called romanization.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base