How can we improve Microsoft Translator for Android?

i suggest you to keep giving us both Pinyin pronunciation and Chinese characters ..please

Pinyin translation

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
UWANEZA DELPHINE shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Gwenda responded  · 

Hello and thanks for your posts on this forum.

Please know that Pinyin is still there. Once you have translated into Chinese you can swipe left and you will find Pinyin.

Best regards,
Gwenda
Microsoft Translator Team

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminGwenda (Admin, Microsoft Translator) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for your comments and I understand the wish to have Pinyin available offline. I have added a new forum post with Pinyin offline as a language request.

Best regards,
    Gwenda
    Microsoft Translator Team

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

with wifi or data off english to chinese will not show pinyin for pronunciation. this makes the app much less useful for those of us who speak a little chinese. with pinyin we can read the translation ourself when dealing with older people that cannot read and we can also double check it to make sure the translation is close to what we want to say. even if you download the offline package for chinese it wont show the pinyin. This is a shame and really cuts down on the usefulness of the app for those of us living in China and trying to learn Chinese.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

...the character. Without the Pinyin it is impossible to pronounce a new character.

Feedback and Knowledge Base