I suggest you ...

Offer a copy button

and while you're at it, add a simple Ctrl-c would suffice.

Please use the conventional way instead of current three dots needed to copy in the Android app.

360 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Paul Rachniowski shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

92 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes you have to refine or change the sentence, but you can't copy it, you have to retype everything on Windows

• greengrasshopper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature was removed or no longer works. When I hold to see the copy/paste menu, nothing appears. There is no way for me to copy or paste.

• Ronaldo P. Souza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I have a website at http://www.dicasingles.com.br/ where I try to find equivalent English idioms to render to Brazilian Portuguese idioms. So, I use dictionaries and translators apps a lot including Microsoft and Google Translator which I've used a lot. But what I miss a lot in Bing translator is a "copy" button as happens in Google Translator. Just a suggestion.

• Linus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly that.

Just on the launch page of the app.
    If the clipboard contains text: offer a button to automatically translate (should use the same translation language as the safari translation or latest used)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exécuter des copies est une nécessité. Merci de porter cette amélioration au plus vite !
    JC Olivier

• AdminGwenda (Admin, Microsoft Translator) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a suggestion for a better experience with Microsoft translation app for iOS. To copy a text today there are at least 2 press on the screen. Share button and copy. Or mark the text and copy. I like a way to long press the text and the app copy everything. Short press is for mark some words and then copy.

So my suggestion is long press over the translated text for copy everything. This means the user could work faster and the experience will be better.

After a translation it is not possible to marqee and copy the word shown in translated history. Make the translated word copiable and it will speed up correction of typo errors, especially on long words

• Enzo Contini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not so friendly to use the bottom menu Copy item to get a copy of the translated text: much better to have a visible button and/or a right click option

I use copy to translate and It Works fine
    je me sert du traducteur copier coller et ça fonctionne très bien

• Farid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is possible, but it's complicated, it's not intuitive. Why not activate copying and pasting from the mouse?

It is possible, but it's complicated, it's not intuitive. Why not activate copying and pasting from the mouse?

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base