I suggest you ...

Please add entire app and/or language packs to SD card

Please make it possible for the app to be placed on the sd card on android 6. it takes up almost 100mb so i would like to place that on my sd card. i mean the entire app and not only language packs

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Gwenda shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Gwenda responded  · 

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback on this topic. In the latest version of the app (Version 3.1.252) we have added a fix to put offline language packs on the SD card. Please update your app to the latest version and let us know if this works.

Best regards,
Gwenda
Microsoft Translator Team

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrew Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note8 with a 256 GB SD card and Android 8.0.0. Microsoft Translator uses 1.17 GB on my phone. I have requested 24 times during the past 2 years that the app be modified to allow it to be moved to my SD card.

• Remasoft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wieso braucht man bei Microsoft JAHRE, um zu implementieren, die App auf SD zu verschieben?! Wahrscheinlich, weil die Wünsche der Benutzer völlig egal sind. Was für eine schwache Leistung!

• Milo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using Coolpad E570 phone with Android 5.1. In the Storage category, the Preferred install location is set to SD card, and default write disk also to SD card. After installing the translator, it is stored onto the SD card. But later, when downloading offline language packs, they get installed in the internal storage. Is there a way to move this application data to SD card?

• Uwe Hartmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've free space in abundance on a SD card. It should be possible to choose the location for offline translations.

Feedback and Knowledge Base