I suggest you ...

Audio speed!!

Pleeeease add the option to change the translation audio speed!! It goes way too fast to learn anything longer than a sentence!!!! Please fix this!!

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MeghanMeghan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnnAnn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Juan! You are a gift, my friend, After searching endlessly for an answer - you had it! I tried triple-clicking, but did not get slower. However, once you double-click, at least in the current session, the audio remains slower. Thank YOU!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to have variou speeds when listening to the speech translation? This would be ideal to be able to listen to the tones and correct pronunciation for Chinese simplified.

• AnthonyAnthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please code in a variable speed slider to adjust the translator output.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Slow down the speed at which the Portuguese female translator speaks. It's so fast it's incomprehensible - so why have it unless it work properly. Thanks

• Juan1005Juan1005 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HEYYY........, I just discovered that if you make double click in the audio icon in the Google translator, the speed of the voice it is significantly reduced.
        So, it is possilble obtain an add to manage the speed.
        It is still missing a convenient command: remarking or lighting the word which is being mentioned.
        Sure Bing Translator Team, can get it.

• Juan1005Juan1005 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is more than a useful idea. It is very difficult or impossible to understand the voice at the current speed for english students.
        For example think on people who spend many time working or studing with internet and be able to read and write in english but can not follow the rate of the speaker.
        Imagine if those people could copy theirs texts and hear them while working or studing
        I encourage to add the mentioned option.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to slow down the audio readout or speed it up. Different languages have different speeds.

• PljhaPljha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am learning French at a basic level and the speed of the translator makes it difficult for me to replicate and distinguish the word sounds. A slower translation would be very beneficial at my level of understanding.

• Harry E. PriceHarry E. Price commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow slowing of the translation sounds so that the individual syllables can be detected. It would be very helpful for Korean or Spanish or Italian which are very high speed vocalizations. This would also be helpful to language learners.

Feedback and Knowledge Base