• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminGwenda (Admin, Microsoft Translator) responded  · 

Hi,

Thank you for your posts and votes on the Microsoft Translator forum.

We’re happy to announce that handwritten translations are now available in the new Microsoft Translator for Windows 10 app.

Please learn more about it here: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/translation/2018/05/02/windows10-2/ .

Let us know if you have any questions and we look forward to your feedback on the Microsoft Translator forum.

Sincerely,
    Gwenda

Microsoft Translator Team

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminGwenda (Admin, Microsoft Translator) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I write Japanese kanji into the translator? I can't type it in because I can't pronounce it which would enable me to type it phoneticaly and select the kanji character from the selection generated by the keyboard. Google Translate allows you to hand write letters and kanji.

• Munir Khattak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The 'Doodle Feature' will make easy to write any word of any language with fingers on the screen instead of typing on keyboard.

(Munir Khattak from Pakistan)

• Shantanu Banerji Das commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to handwrite words and get the translator to recognise them and translate them to your desired language like Google Translate does.

• xufeng19721101 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

seems u r a Chinese, note ur language, i suggest.
        Remember, always pay attention to our “素质” before u post something on the Internet

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the app is useless. take a look at Google translate. first of all there is no handwriting option. especially chinese characters need to be drawn, so if you are trying to translate from Chinese to English forget it. also . there is no easy 1 click way to reverse t girl emery language. if I am speaking with someone, I should be able to 1 click switch language so the other person can then respond. useless **** that's the name of this app

Feedback and Knowledge Base